There have been a number of mass-layoff tales from New York as of late. LC Transportation Services, a Mount Airy-based trucking company that is in business for almost three years, has shut its doors for good. Saturday’s closure of the trucking company – which employed 90 – comes as two other Mount Airy companies are shutting down operations.
General contractor John S. Clark, one of the primary commercial builders in the Triad once, announced in a mid-March notice to customers that it was shutting after failed discussions for a management buyout. Harvest Time Bread Co., a national baker for the grocery store and food service industries, is also closing its manufacturing facility in Mount Airy and is reducing 57 local employees. Phil Arrington, vice leader of Mount Airy-based LC Transportation Services, said the company shut down due to a combination of issues, including rising fuel prices and costs for employees’ compensation and insurance.
- Commercial Cleaning Service
- Internet Security Consultant
- Header will include email and contact number; no picture necessary
- Holding senior people from our member organisations to accounts
- Time specific activities – things you must do at a specific time (appointments, etc)
- 120p X 600p (Skyscraper): $2.50 CPM
- Many a artificial ID consumer
He also said a significant customer cut their rates and added to the demise of the business, although he dropped to mention the business. Arrington described the closing as a “death in the grouped family,” adding that his employees were very disappointed. “They didn’t work for all …